The Direct Drive Revolution
In the late 90s, force feedback technology changed the world of sim racing completely. Now we welcome the Direct Drive era, taking force feedback realism to the next level.
GERMAN DESIGN WITH UP TO 5 YEAR WARRANTY
This heavy piece of solid metal is engineered with German precision and built to last for many years. This is the last wheel base you’ll ever need!
WIRELESS DATA AND POWER
The endless rotation of our direct drive motor inspired the development of a unique solution to transfer data and power to the wheel inputs and displays wirelessly. This means no USB cables are flying around which can easily get damaged and make it difficult to let the wheel spin in a drift.
FULLY CERTIFIED, PLUG AND PLAY
The Podium DD1 is the first plug-and-play direct drive wheel base, featuring integrated electronics within the main housing. It’s as easy to set up as our CSL and ClubSport series products. Rigorous EMI and ESD testing ensures stability and longevity.
Ready for the Future
Not only is the Podium DD1 fully compatible with the existing Fanatec ecosystem, it’s also prepped for future upgrades.
At the front of the housing sits an OLED display. This provides endless opportunities not only for tuning your wheel base, but also includes features for advanced users, displaying real-time motor and force feedback data. Check the temperatures, torque curves, and avoid force feedback clipping. Too complicated? Just enjoy the graphics.
FULL BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY
Our proven automotive grade QR has been upgraded with a new locking system, retaining compatibility with all existing Fanatec steering wheels, while also being completely interchangeable. All new wheel bases and steering wheels will have changeable quick releases; in the future you will have the option to upgrade to a new QR system.
- – Custom-designed servo motor designed by our engineers and the first direct drive motor optimised for racing simulator applications.
- – Outrunner-type motor achieves outstanding peak torque of 20Nm, matching the torque output in most real race cars using power steering.
- – Motor acceleration and speed remains at the highest level, even with heavy steering wheels.
- – Ultra-low torque ripple ensures minimal mechanical distractions and the same smooth experience as in a belt driven wheel.
- – Wireless QR technology: Wireless transfer of data (infra-red) and power (inductive coupling) between the motor and quick release means no external cables between wheel base and steering wheel, and no need for batteries inside the wheel.
- – Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable).
- – Integrated 2.7” 256×64 resolution OLED display.
- – Podium wheel bases include advanced telemetry features in the OLED display for real-time motor and force feedback data such as power output, FFB clipping and more. (Motor/FFB telemetry pages are for short-term analysis purposes and not for continuous use in racing.)
- – Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings.
- – Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences.
- – Support for advanced dual clutch bite-point mode.
- – Integrated electronics within wheel base housing, no external control box required.
- – The electronics ensure extremely low latency to provide immediate feedback from racing simulators.
- – Fully certified with CE, FCC, C-Tick, ROHS and all other certificates required by law, ensuring that this product does not interfere with other electronic devices.
- – Torque Key allows user to lock/unlock the DD1’s full performance.
- – All existing and upcoming Fanatec peripherals fully supported.
- – Choose from a growing selection of Fanatec steering wheels in many different styles and price/quality levels.
- – Firmware can be updated with new features.
- – Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate.
- – Ultra-low latency due to integrated electronics and highest quality components.
- – Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel.
- – Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories.
- – Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake.
- – All-Aluminium housing.
- – Exchangeable brushed aluminium cover plates.
- – Supports Fanatec 3-hole mounting pattern (bottom mounting) and side mounting. Hard mounting to a cockpit is highly recommended due the high amount of torque.
- – Full Fanatec SDK support ensures game compatibility out of the box for all major racing games across all platforms.
- – Combines with FanaLab software for PC.
- – Connect external devices to network for displaying telemetry data like speed, lap times, brake temperatures, tachometers and more.
- – Support for major PC racing simulators
- – Control your Upgraded Fanatec Tuning Menu settings and presets directly from the software.
- – Save game-specific settings to PC software, which will be applied when the game is launched.
- – New FFB tuning features, e.g. speed-sensitive dampening.
- – Automotive grade Quick Release system with expandable rubber damper
- – 3 year warranty.
- Optional 5 year warranty.